Feeds

back to article Israeli cops penetrated by army of fake generals with trojans

Israeli police departments were pulled offline last Thursday following the discovery of a Trojan especially targeted at law enforcement networks in the Jewish state. The malware was distributed using spammed messages, spoofed so that they appeared to come from the head of the Israel Defense Forces, Benny Gantz. The malicious …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

it was a prank

It was a prank.

Why send a RAR if you want someone to actually open it?

I don't see how this can be a prank especially if it was specifically targeted at certain networks.

Anonymous Coward

Iran ?

"the initial target of the attack was systems within the Israeli Customs agency"

Iran would try and target the Israeli military or Mossad. Israel had a vast number of very technically savvy residents, it's most likely an local protest of the target is confirmed as accurate.

Silver badge

Re: Iran ?

Why try to break into Fort Knox, when the Co-Op is next door?

Re: Iran ?

It wasn't Iran.

Gold badge
Alert

"The Trojan features Windows 8 compatibility..."

My, MS will be pleased. Something to put in their app store.

Pint

Re: "The Trojan features Windows 8 compatibility..."

<---- For you sir.

Bronze badge
Pint

Have a tall one on me!!!!

Another reason on why you should avoid Microsoft O/S software like the plague!!!!

Mushroom

Sweet Metrosexualness and all that... Plays well with others...

Thumb Up

Well done!

Top marks to the uthor for getting 'penetrated' and 'pulled off'(line) within the first 30 words of an article to do with malware and security services.

Anonymous Coward

"Police forces re-established limited internet connectivity by Sunday but it's unclear when full access will be restored, the Times of Israel adds."

Why, oh why, are they putting them on internet connected links???

Take the uk example, plod's pc's , connected via GSI secure links. While the gsi might be full of holes, the interconnects are managed with at least some attempt at gateway interconnects with filters/email scrubbing facilities etc.

Silver badge
Happy

Sauce

Goose, Gander

Reorganise as appropriate.

Holmes

Glass

stone house throw

Am I correct ?

This topic is closed for new posts.