Network gear manufacturer Riverbed Technology is about to slurp software firm Opnet Technologies for a cool $1bn. Opnet's software manages traffic on networks, an area of the industry that has held steadier than orders for network hardware. Like everyone else in the world, telcos are tightening their belts and waiting for the …
Opnet supply network design software for big systems
Laying out the network for the Pentagon and Charles Schwab to name but 2.
Perhaps Vermin Media might care to pick up a copy.
Well Opnet just plain sucks
And they know it.
It is good at dong its job, but way too unstable.
Re: Well Opnet just plain sucks
"It is good at dong its job, but way too unstable."
You appear to think that the price paid for company has something to do with the quality of it's product.
That would be a mistake.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know