Network gear manufacturer Riverbed Technology is about to slurp software firm Opnet Technologies for a cool $1bn. Opnet's software manages traffic on networks, an area of the industry that has held steadier than orders for network hardware. Like everyone else in the world, telcos are tightening their belts and waiting for the …
Opnet supply network design software for big systems
Laying out the network for the Pentagon and Charles Schwab to name but 2.
Perhaps Vermin Media might care to pick up a copy.
Well Opnet just plain sucks
And they know it.
It is good at dong its job, but way too unstable.
Re: Well Opnet just plain sucks
"It is good at dong its job, but way too unstable."
You appear to think that the price paid for company has something to do with the quality of it's product.
That would be a mistake.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones