Optus has declared the age of growing mobile subscriber numbers is over, signalling a revised retail strategy focussed on its own outlets. “As the Australian mobile market matures and we move from a period of growth to one of customer retention, we need a distribution model that reflects this,” Rohan Ganeson, the carrier's MD …
Customer retention means longer terms.
Expect three to four year contract terms to be the norm.
I hope you like your mobe, you're going to have it for a while...
Re: Customer retention means longer terms.
Sounds more like they are going to squeeze out the smaller players rather than extend contracts.
Build more stores?
I'd rather they build some 3g towers.
How about ending agreements with MVNOs? That might help get some more customers.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests