The final piece in the Australian Synchrotron rescue puzzle has fallen into place, with the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation confirming that it is to take over management of the facility. The future of the synchrotron was put in doubt last year following a change of government in Victoria. The incoming …
Vic state doofi
Bah, humbug! When are these brain-dead Vic pollies going to stop this insane obsession with "everything should be privatised and make a profit" notion? [getting rid of the idiot premier would be a start]
The Synchrotron is primarily a research facility, which we are desperately short of in the wide, brown land. It was not designed to make a profit.
No wonder the clever locals are spirited away overseas...
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt