Fujitsu has signed a deal to resell Violin Memory 6000-series networked flash arrays. El Reg storage desk understands from a well-placed source that Fujitsu has a tripartite strategy for solid-state storage: It will use flash drives and caching in its Eternus storage arrays in a very fast data vault. Fusion-io PCIe flash …
violin... is it that good ?
Is violin memory storage really all that great? It lacks some the data management features other start ups like Pure or zfs based flash arrays have. They are oem'ing symantec, but how many ppl are actually going to use symantec's offering (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/14/violin_symantec/) which can't be cheap.
.. is it that good?
Yes. Yes it is. If you have the opportunity, reach out to your local Violin sales person or contact Fujitsu to inquire.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM