Fujitsu has signed a deal to resell Violin Memory 6000-series networked flash arrays. El Reg storage desk understands from a well-placed source that Fujitsu has a tripartite strategy for solid-state storage: It will use flash drives and caching in its Eternus storage arrays in a very fast data vault. Fusion-io PCIe flash …
violin... is it that good ?
Is violin memory storage really all that great? It lacks some the data management features other start ups like Pure or zfs based flash arrays have. They are oem'ing symantec, but how many ppl are actually going to use symantec's offering (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/14/violin_symantec/) which can't be cheap.
.. is it that good?
Yes. Yes it is. If you have the opportunity, reach out to your local Violin sales person or contact Fujitsu to inquire.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests