Fujitsu has signed a deal to resell Violin Memory 6000-series networked flash arrays. El Reg storage desk understands from a well-placed source that Fujitsu has a tripartite strategy for solid-state storage: It will use flash drives and caching in its Eternus storage arrays in a very fast data vault. Fusion-io PCIe flash …
violin... is it that good ?
Is violin memory storage really all that great? It lacks some the data management features other start ups like Pure or zfs based flash arrays have. They are oem'ing symantec, but how many ppl are actually going to use symantec's offering (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/14/violin_symantec/) which can't be cheap.
.. is it that good?
Yes. Yes it is. If you have the opportunity, reach out to your local Violin sales person or contact Fujitsu to inquire.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan