VMware wants every workload to be virtualized, even high performance computing, data warehousing, and Hadoop data munching workloads. The server virtualization juggernaut will get around to HPC and data warehousing at some point, but it already has a start on Hadoop with Project Serengeti. That project got some tweaks this week …
will bite vmware in this field I think. Especially on the storage front, they support hardly any storage controllers, and I suspect it will complicate lives even more for those folks that forgo formal RAID in exchange for letting hadoop handle the redundancy given the extra layer of the hypervisor and added complexity.
Re: hardware compatibility
It's ironic then that they are owned by a storage company
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Antique Code Show WTF happened to Pac-Man?
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant
- Study shows dangerous asteroid impacts hit Earth every six months