VMware wants every workload to be virtualized, even high performance computing, data warehousing, and Hadoop data munching workloads. The server virtualization juggernaut will get around to HPC and data warehousing at some point, but it already has a start on Hadoop with Project Serengeti. That project got some tweaks this week …
will bite vmware in this field I think. Especially on the storage front, they support hardly any storage controllers, and I suspect it will complicate lives even more for those folks that forgo formal RAID in exchange for letting hadoop handle the redundancy given the extra layer of the hypervisor and added complexity.
Re: hardware compatibility
It's ironic then that they are owned by a storage company
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Find using email DIFFICULT? Get someone to install 'Inbox' for you
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...