Bookeen has become the latest e-reader maker to offer a device with a ‘backlit’ screen. Enter the Cybook Odyssey HD, a version of Bookeen’s existing reader, this time with a 1024 x 758 screen and an array of LEDs that shine light through the panel to reflect off the screen’s rear surface, highlighting the text. Bookeen Cybook …
Are we sure it's backlit this time?
Hmm, just checked the press release and it's frontlit.
"Bookeen is announcing today the launch of the new Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight, the 6th generation and most advanced Cybook with an inbuilt FrontLight solution and with the most advanced E Ink® HD display. Since 1998, Bookeen has been the European champion in digital reading years before Amazon entered the market."
Re: Are we sure it's backlit this time?
Fail yourself... it clearly says 'backlit' in inverted commas.
ok nice, but ....
.... is there going to be a 10" model?
Individually Lit Pixels!
Maybe this will come as the next step in e-ink - they'll call it... LCD!
This would be a tempting upgrade to my Bookeen CyBook, but is there a colour version that's going to appear soon? There are colour e-ink screens available, after all.
Anyway, hurry up with the full review, already!
Inadequate (you said it)
Here http://www.reghardware.com/2012/10/23/apple_ipad_mini_lacks_retina_display/ you ding the similarly sized display iPad mini for having a 1024x768 display as unsuitable for use as an eReader.
I am suspecting 1024x758 is a typo' too, though I could be wrong.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...