Mobile was the big topic for Facebook during its second quarter as a public company, and execs spent much of their Q3 earnings call on Tuesday trying to convince analysts and investors that the social network has a strong future beyond the desktop. "I think our opportunity on mobile is the most misunderstood aspect of Facebook …
Yay! Facebook lost less money than expected. Maybe it really is worth $100,000,000,000 after all.
adverts in my news feed...
.. will get flagged as the spam they are...
Timing is everything with facebook, you get good news, just before another shedload of shares are unlocked. Amazing gift. Monday is liberation day according to the WSJ. I am impressed, really. This means you can time the market. Buy one week, sell the next.
Mobile games won't deliver for FB
FB make a lot of their PC money on games. A lot of the reason for that is that there really are no other competitors for the smaller games that people play on FB. FB are the dominant small game marketplace for PCs.
It is a completely different story for mobile. On mobile they are up against the Apple and Android app stores. Why would anyone want to play an FB game when they are surrounded by so much choice.
The walls on FB's PC garden are way higher than the walls on their mobile garden. Can they really make money on mobile?
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great