Why is DataCore the only dedicated software SAN virtualisation appliance vendor left standing? The answer lies in a skewed revenue geographic model, staff majority ownership of the company and a fair amount of luck. It's also down to a solid product, though other companies with great products have failed where DataCore did not …
it's called farcebork
Cute .. but
"if the promise of FCoE is realised, will have a limited future, possibly, as an in-Fibre Channel fabric SAN virtualisation device."
What exactly *is* the promise of FCoE? Higher latency access than traditional FC? lower bandwidth reservation vs FC in a 10Gb CEE fabric? This is the exact opposite of the performance curve that client applications demand of today's storage.
I'm not sure why Chris would couple the notion that an access and transport change would spell the demise of block storage virtualization.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast