Why is DataCore the only dedicated software SAN virtualisation appliance vendor left standing? The answer lies in a skewed revenue geographic model, staff majority ownership of the company and a fair amount of luck. It's also down to a solid product, though other companies with great products have failed where DataCore did not …
it's called farcebork
Cute .. but
"if the promise of FCoE is realised, will have a limited future, possibly, as an in-Fibre Channel fabric SAN virtualisation device."
What exactly *is* the promise of FCoE? Higher latency access than traditional FC? lower bandwidth reservation vs FC in a 10Gb CEE fabric? This is the exact opposite of the performance curve that client applications demand of today's storage.
I'm not sure why Chris would couple the notion that an access and transport change would spell the demise of block storage virtualization.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM