There are a lot of gripes about the Hadoop Big Data muncher, and one of them is that it was designed as a batch-oriented system. A number of different add-ons to Hadoop have been created to try to make it more like more familiar relational databases (such as HBase) and their SQL query languages (Hive). But even these do not …
We have Impala and Elephant mentioned in the same article. Surely we can get a Tame Impala joke in there somewhere?
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss