back to article Mayer wants Yahoo! to be the world's mobile portal of habit

Marissa Mayer gave a confident performance at her first full quarterly results call, laying out her plan to make Yahoo! the site of habit for tomorrow's internet users. "We're committed to going back to our roots as a consumer internet company focused on user experience," Mayer told analysts on Monday. "The excitement and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Esskay
    Happy

"we’ll have to see if she can deliver"

But she doesn't want to deliver - she wants to "execute".

Management-speak for "attempting to do something without the consequences of fscking it up". If she claims she's going to "deliver", people will blame her when it all turns to shit. By promising to "execute", she can lay the blame on "unforseen external pressures" and "negative-growth incitement factors".

Presumably this will be followed by a "re-evaluation" of management, in order to create a "stronger internal focus".

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "we’ll have to see if she can deliver"

Yes but there is something about a clever strong AND attractive woman!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: "we’ll have to see if she can deliver"

I'm secretly in love with Miranda Hart as well.

2. Esskay
        Thumb Up

"...something about a clever strong AND attractive woman!"

Yes, but this *is* Yahoo! we're talking about - Even if she had three tits on her chest and Stephen Hawking surgically grafted onto her side, I doubt it would help.

It would look interesting though...

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: "...something about a clever strong AND attractive woman!"

But scarcely attractive. And that robot voice could really put you off your stroke.

2. Michael Hutchinson
    Thumb Up

Holy cow!

A headline about Yahoo! with only one exclamation mark!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Facepalm

Re: Holy cow!

I'd say that it was about time they laid the "!" joke to rest, but I suspect it's just Reg editorial standards slipping rather than anything deliberate.

3. mike acker

she faces the Fundamental Internet Battle head on: Privacy v Advertising and Market Research

Google and Amazon have good models. social is a bad model and will soon be generally disdained

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like