As promised, the Greenplum Big Data subsidiary of IT conglomerate EMC is opening up the Chorus control freak that it created to span the Greenplum data warehousing database and its two implementations of the Hadoop Big Data muncher. At the Hadoop World extravaganza in New York, Greenplum is taking the wraps off the OpenChorus …
Ahh, company naming. In 1999 it was *ent and *ant. Now? To hell with it, just put an adjective and some kind of living thing one after the other. It's a sure-fire hit!
I mean, really. Greenplum? Is there something particularly plummy about this that precludes the possibility of other fruit taking the honor? And aren't plums supposed to be purple? I don't think I'd even -want- a green plum, to be honest. Apples, at least, come in both green and red - but I suppose that one's taken, isn't it?
Greengages are pretty good green plums, and fairly common!
I stand corrected. But then, my wife routinely mocks me for my once confusing pears and peaches, so I'm not exactly a... a fruitologist. Or whatever.
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- HTML5 vs native: Harry Coder and the mudblood mobile app princes