As promised, the Greenplum Big Data subsidiary of IT conglomerate EMC is opening up the Chorus control freak that it created to span the Greenplum data warehousing database and its two implementations of the Hadoop Big Data muncher. At the Hadoop World extravaganza in New York, Greenplum is taking the wraps off the OpenChorus …
Ahh, company naming. In 1999 it was *ent and *ant. Now? To hell with it, just put an adjective and some kind of living thing one after the other. It's a sure-fire hit!
I mean, really. Greenplum? Is there something particularly plummy about this that precludes the possibility of other fruit taking the honor? And aren't plums supposed to be purple? I don't think I'd even -want- a green plum, to be honest. Apples, at least, come in both green and red - but I suppose that one's taken, isn't it?
Greengages are pretty good green plums, and fairly common!
I stand corrected. But then, my wife routinely mocks me for my once confusing pears and peaches, so I'm not exactly a... a fruitologist. Or whatever.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Google opens new Inbox – email for people too dumb to use email