As promised, the Greenplum Big Data subsidiary of IT conglomerate EMC is opening up the Chorus control freak that it created to span the Greenplum data warehousing database and its two implementations of the Hadoop Big Data muncher. At the Hadoop World extravaganza in New York, Greenplum is taking the wraps off the OpenChorus …
Ahh, company naming. In 1999 it was *ent and *ant. Now? To hell with it, just put an adjective and some kind of living thing one after the other. It's a sure-fire hit!
I mean, really. Greenplum? Is there something particularly plummy about this that precludes the possibility of other fruit taking the honor? And aren't plums supposed to be purple? I don't think I'd even -want- a green plum, to be honest. Apples, at least, come in both green and red - but I suppose that one's taken, isn't it?
Greengages are pretty good green plums, and fairly common!
I stand corrected. But then, my wife routinely mocks me for my once confusing pears and peaches, so I'm not exactly a... a fruitologist. Or whatever.
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series