EU countries that merely provide for their appointed data protection authorities to have "functional independence" cannot be said to be compliant with EU law, the Court of Justice of the European Union has ruled. In order to be said to have "complete independence", DPA staff must not share the same offices as Government …
So - on those terms - how is the UK's ICO independent of the Department of Justice?
The Nazi state emerged from Austria. Old habits die hard.
It's for stuff like this I am thankful for the EU (and no big wars between Gernmany, France and England). I can't help but wonder if getting away with crap is half the reason the Torys want out.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps