EU countries that merely provide for their appointed data protection authorities to have "functional independence" cannot be said to be compliant with EU law, the Court of Justice of the European Union has ruled. In order to be said to have "complete independence", DPA staff must not share the same offices as Government …
So - on those terms - how is the UK's ICO independent of the Department of Justice?
The Nazi state emerged from Austria. Old habits die hard.
It's for stuff like this I am thankful for the EU (and no big wars between Gernmany, France and England). I can't help but wonder if getting away with crap is half the reason the Torys want out.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!