EU countries that merely provide for their appointed data protection authorities to have "functional independence" cannot be said to be compliant with EU law, the Court of Justice of the European Union has ruled. In order to be said to have "complete independence", DPA staff must not share the same offices as Government …
So - on those terms - how is the UK's ICO independent of the Department of Justice?
The Nazi state emerged from Austria. Old habits die hard.
It's for stuff like this I am thankful for the EU (and no big wars between Gernmany, France and England). I can't help but wonder if getting away with crap is half the reason the Torys want out.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS