EU countries that merely provide for their appointed data protection authorities to have "functional independence" cannot be said to be compliant with EU law, the Court of Justice of the European Union has ruled. In order to be said to have "complete independence", DPA staff must not share the same offices as Government …
So - on those terms - how is the UK's ICO independent of the Department of Justice?
The Nazi state emerged from Austria. Old habits die hard.
It's for stuff like this I am thankful for the EU (and no big wars between Gernmany, France and England). I can't help but wonder if getting away with crap is half the reason the Torys want out.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...