IBM is launching what it claims is the first data security system for Hadoop, as part of its biggest product rollout of security software and services yet seen from the company. Big Blue's not the highest profile security firm, but it has been buying in a lot of talent over the last three years and last year grouped staff and …
IBM, no security credentials?
I'll take the article (and players) with a pinch of salt.
Re: IBM, no security credentials?
Agree, this author doesn't know what he is talking about. IBM has a whole different level of security credentials than everyone else. They don't talk about it because the various government intelligence agencies, mega-banks, etc that they work with are not exactly willing to do pdf marketing materials for the services/technology IBM has provided.
If you are a "high profile" security firm, you are not a highly regarded security firm.
My Post Was NOT Deleted By Me, For The Record
El Reg has astonished me with this move and lost me patronage. How sad.
Re: My Post Was NOT Deleted By Me, For The Record
That's OK, dlc.usa ... Paula says "IBM is still at the top of the hype cycle".
All must be good with the Universe.
(You should be ashamed of yourself, Iain Thomson.)
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.