speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise In this week's enterprise techcast, Ed Saipetch is steering the ship solo - live from Amsterdam. The lucky sod is in North Holland for Structure:Europe 2012, and has left Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela languishing in the States while he tears up canal-lined streets in the …
'Calling it a cloud doesn't make it so'
But it will help sell it to stupid people.
And the nomitation for the "saying it like it is" award are....
•Software Defined Bullshit
•Calling it a cloud doesn't make it so
The amount of stuff offering to help you build your own home cloud with a single server is really annoying me at the moment.
i normally steer clear of podcasts
but now that I saw "Software defined bullshit" you got my interest I think I will listen to this one!
The whole software defined bullshit space has been annoying me a lot recently with lots of hype and very little specifics that I've noticed.
Love the above comments
... that's all. Spot on!
Cloud: The ultimate in vapourware
As long as nobody has a standard definition of what is and what isn't cloud, I can define it myself and see if my customers pay extra for it.
People forget that what you upload is no longer yours.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER