Feeds

back to article Cops cuff tabloid computer hacking suspect in Newcastle

Officers investigating claims of computer hacking in relation to alleged voicemail interception and other offences at Rupert Murdoch's British newspaper group - News International - arrested another suspect this morning. They said a 48-year-old man was manacled at a business premises in the Newcastle area earlier today. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

It is amazing all these people who have suddenly appeared to have committed crimes now who apparently had all done nothing wrong the last half dozen times the police were asked to look into it.

Anonymous Coward

Equally amazing they still leak stuff to them. See plebgate

Anonymous Coward

Amazing, but hardly surprising. Ever tried to get coppers to move for a crime that affected you only? 99% of the time, you get shrugged off. If it's someone small VS something big, it's even worst. But hey, now the politicos and the entire public is screaming, so it's hard to just sit on your hands and pretend nothing is happening.

Plebgate

Plebgate is fair enough, that actually is in the public interest.

Anonymous Coward

Re: Plebgate

"plebgate" is that where some annoy police offers rambled to the chief whip on his way into the office and the whip (a group of people who are world renowned for being very nice people...) told him to fuck off but in a polite way? No law broken, well unless we go by the new view that any offence deserves punishment, only people with nothing going on between their ears would care about that.

Silver badge
Coat

I thought they made him get off his bike and use the plebgate, surely it's a crime when the esteemed gentleman that is Mr Whippy Mitchell is forced to use the gate of the masses!

*coat? no mines the cloth sack

Silver badge
Stop

"No law broken, well unless we go by the new view that any offence deserves punishment, only people with nothing going on between their ears would care about that."

Maybe no crime, but I don't want pricks who call policemen 'plebs', think they're above the law, and then cheerfully lie to get their arse out of the fire running my country.

Wonder why the police couldn't just open the gate? Smacks of jobsworth-ism

This topic is closed for new posts.