Intel had a less than stellar performance in the third quarter, as El Reg reported yesterday, and the problem was enterprise servers as much as it was PCs. In the quarter ended in September, overall sales were down 5.5 per cent to $13.46bn, and thanks to a spike in research and development spending, net income was down 14.3 per …
Net Income was down to 2.97 Billion.........
The 1st paragraph is written as though there is major disruption in the Force.
FFS they made a profit of 2.97 Billion in a 3 month period and thats to be considered as bad news......
AMD, is down, Intel is down, HP is down, IBM is down, Oracle/Sun is way down. I guess that is why they call it a recession.
Did they say much about the end of life of Itanium?
Can't be far away now the Itanium Solutions Alliance has quietly been put out of its misery.
There's little online evidence it ever existed, but the Intel press release at  is still around. Back in the day, it led to the Itanium Solutions Alliance website at .  now redirects to an Intel Itanium 9000 series page.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS