China Mobile has gone domestic and awarded ZTE the contract to deploy 20,000 TD-LTE base stations, putting the company at the leading edge of TD-LTE development. Not that Chinese users will get any 4G goodness for another year or perhaps two, as China Mobile is still trying to realise its investment in the home-grown 3G standard …
No surprise that they would go for a company that will be easy to get to install programs to stop data usage, block twitter etc at the flick of a switch.....
Surprised the US don't want the same......
It's not a vulnerability, it's a feature.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star