You think you have power and cooling issues? Slip into the shoes of Arthur ‘Buddy’ Bland, Project Director for the Oak Ridge Leadership Computing Facility, and learn how they keep one of the largest computing facilities in the world powered up, yet cool enough to prevent melting. I talked to Buddy recently about how Oak Ridge …
8' raised floors
Ah, those were the days. Remember the days of FEPs and 50ft 25-pin RS-232 cables? Some, we replaced with 4-wire, and others, with 6-way (dcd) and 12-way 'octopus' cables using 50-pin telco cables. I think we recycled over 700 of the RS-232 cables after replacing everything, and when we did, the floor tiles were no longer floating on the cables.
Cheers for the fond, and not-so-fond memories.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?