OCZ has announced that it won't be able to file its quarterly report with the SEC on time, leading to doubts about its cash position. The struggling SSD and PCIe flash card vendor appears perhaps to have loosed off a shot or two into the vicinity of its foot by expanding too fast, failing to secure reliable NAND chip supplies, …
How low can you go...
I guess the investors were reading /. yesterday. There was a discussion of 'how to tell when an SSD is about to die.' As someone who's been around disk drives since the removeable-platter days, some of the tales were eerily familiar.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen
- Vid MIT boffins cry havoc and let slip the ROBOT CHEETAHS of Whoa