Toshiba has joined Seagate and WD with a single platter 500GB drive for thin notebooks, DVRs and the like. The MQ01ABF is essentially half an MQ01ABD, a 2-platter 2.5-inch drive storing up to 1TB. Like that drive it spins at 5,400rpm, has an 8MB cache and a 6Gbit/s SATA interface. Unlike that 9.5mm thin drive it is 7mm thin, the …
I do a fair bit of data recovery for customers.
I'd say 7 times out of 10 the HDD inside is a Toshiba one.
Anecdotal I know...caveat emptor....
And how many Toshiba drives are in the computers you don't fix? I wouldn't know the market share or anything
That annoys me. I know I'm being an arse about it, but it's 7mm *thick*. Measuring 'thinness' is a bloody annoying marketingism.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops