Toshiba has joined Seagate and WD with a single platter 500GB drive for thin notebooks, DVRs and the like. The MQ01ABF is essentially half an MQ01ABD, a 2-platter 2.5-inch drive storing up to 1TB. Like that drive it spins at 5,400rpm, has an 8MB cache and a 6Gbit/s SATA interface. Unlike that 9.5mm thin drive it is 7mm thin, the …
I do a fair bit of data recovery for customers.
I'd say 7 times out of 10 the HDD inside is a Toshiba one.
Anecdotal I know...caveat emptor....
And how many Toshiba drives are in the computers you don't fix? I wouldn't know the market share or anything
That annoys me. I know I'm being an arse about it, but it's 7mm *thick*. Measuring 'thinness' is a bloody annoying marketingism.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad