back to article Warner Music daddy chucks €130m at Spotify rival Deezer

Access Industries will invest €130m in the Gallic Spotify-rival Deezer. The music streaming service has been a hit in its native France and launched in the UK a year ago – with rather less impact. The big record labels are major investors in Spotify, with Universal Music rarely missing an opportunity to talk it up. The Swedish …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Facebook login

....why?!

Stop

Re: Facebook login

It's the done thing now a days... get your Facebook account suspended and you can now no longer access services you are paying for... Or government sites if they get their way too...

Happy

It's also worth noting that anyone with an Orange Panther phone contract can get Deezer mobile as one of their swappables - that gives you totally free streaming (it doesn't even use your data allowance) on your phone, which is a pretty good deal!

The only swappable worth using. It's pretty good but a few artists are missing (i can live with that, its free for me) and it doesn't work on my girlfriends BlackBerry.

Good for plugging my x one into my car for some decent tunes, sick of ads on the radio!

Only on 18 and 24 month plans though.. not SIM only, and since their data allowance is only 250MB a month (for this they want 20 quid!!!) you really need the free streaming otherwise it'd be a bit useless.

The frustrating thing about Orange is they have plans that are *almost* good, but their data plans are aimed at old fashioned phones.

Silver badge

And like Spotify, new sign-ups need a Facebook account.

So I'll be sticking with my old pre-FB requirement Spotify account then. And if Spotify ever make FB a requirement for all users I'll drop them like a hot potato.

Silver badge

Re: And like Spotify, new sign-ups need a Facebook account.

Me too. Spotify stopped working under Wine when they added 'social' features; I think Wine has a taste filter that prevents it from running.

Re: And like Spotify, new sign-ups need a Facebook account.

Spotify works fine for me under Wine - but I have a pre-facebook account and I've kept it unlinked.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums