Blighty's Sir John Gurdon and Shinya Yamanaka of Japan have won this year's Nobel Prize for medicine or physiology for reprogramming adult cells. The boffins bagged the award and the £744,00 winnings for their research into nuclear rejigging, where adult cells are told to form early stem cells that can then be used to form any …
Not much for a life changing discovery.
Dr Yamanaka's work is freely available to anyone who wishes to use it.
Is true, 1Meuro is low, but how many people want to collaborate to make a good price ?
Check out this: http://mprize.org/
A couple of years ago when my eldest was born,
we were going to save his stem cells in one of those stem cell banks.
(cost a couple k as i recall)
on the day they never turned up, (so we didnt have to pay etc)
but now im glad we didnt do it as the more we progress its obvious that it would inevitably been a waste.
(got a nice free pen though)
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait