Australian public cloud company Ninefold is claiming new levels of reliability and availability but still runs its cloud storage service from a single data centre. The company has announced that it has taken up residence in the IC2 data centre owned by parent company Macquarie Telecom and claims placing its kit there means it is …
I am tired of seeing the continuios mendacity that comes from Ninefold. It is a complete fabrication that they are the first Cloud computing in Australia with 3 availability zones. 6YS for one has had this in place for nearly 18mths. Please do research on these guys and stop publishing their hyperbole.
High availability? really?
On the other hand, Nirvanix has 11 storage nodes, all within a global file sytem. Nirvanix keeps a 100% copy of a it storage Node syncornized with its closeset neighbor. In the event of a regional disaster (fire, flood, earthquake) that copy can be brought "on line in" minutes. Customers also have the option to keep another 100% copy of their data at any other Nirvanix Node for pennies more a GB , for even" higher" +five 9's availability/ plus the added functionality of having your data alive (read/writable) half way around the worrld!!!!
Now that High availability!!! single data center that so.... 2009
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Pics Audio fans, prepare yourself for the Second Coming ... of Blu-ray
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE