back to article Googorola mysteriously pulls plug on ITC Apple patent probe

Googorola has mysteriously dropped the patent infringement allegations it made against Apple at the US International Trade Commission. Google-owned Motorola filed the complaint against Apple in August, claiming the fruity firm had copied seven of its protected designs that dealing with location-based reminders, email …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

First guess, they are planning a bigger and better suit later based on Samsung's successes in Germany.

1. Thorne

Maybe they found a cheaper and easier way to bitchslap Apple. Considered Apple hasn't dropped the subject I doubt Google has either so the bitchslapping and name calling will continue on for awhile yet

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

An easia' way t'bitchslap Apple?

"Maybe they found a cheaper and easier way to bitchslap Apple. Considered Apple hasn't dropped the subject I doubt Google has either so the bitchslapping and name calling will continue on for awhile yet", Thorne

Maybe dey found some cheapuh' and easia' way t'bitchslap Apple. Considered Apple ain't dropped da damn subject ah' doubt Google gots eida' so de bitchslappin' and dojigger callin' gots'ta continue on fo' awhile yet .. ref

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Samsungs lost every case in Germany where a decission has been reached, if that is success I hate to think what Samsung conciders failing.

1. Paul Shirley

Samsungs lost every case in Germany - wrong

Samsung have started winning cases in Germany in the single court they'd been losing in. Probably because that court noticed courts in the Netherlands, UK and *other parts of Germany* were all ruling for Samsung on the same claims!

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Nope, they know that it will cost them more than it will cost Apple.

Quiet phone call from Apple to the CEO of google, "you have more to lose than we do, think about it!"

Google drops the case.

2. dotdavid
    Thumb Up

Don't Be Evil

So Google execs have taken over, and now the "Don't Be Evil" slogan applies.

Shame Apple doesn't have a similar policy.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Don't Be Evil

Please tell me that you don't actually believe that slogan.. If so, you're better off reading the Sun..

1. Ted Treen
        Boffin

Re: Don't Be Evil

No-one READS the Sun - they just look at the pictures...

1. Chris007
          Coat

Re: Don't Be Evil @ Ted Treen

"No-one READS the Sun - they just look at the picture.."

removed the extraneous s to fix the sentence

3. Alan Denman

Evil breeds evil

The dog gods beg to differ.

Rolling over with your legs stuck in the air is only a reciprocation of friendliness.

Dogs also have teeth.

1. bob 46

Re: Evil breeds evil

amanfrommars - is that you?

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
        Alien

Re: Evil breeds evil

In this case, after many incantations, Evil was put to sleep for a while. But it will wake again.

Maybe a virgin had to be horribly sacrificied on the altar of IP?

4. Jean-Paul

Or maybe...

it is just plain and simple a case of that they realised they were pushing their luck....But ofcourse that doesn't fit in with the prominent anti Apple brigade who comment based upon the eq of a 5 year old opposed to facts on these comment pages...

1. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects

Manfromarsitis.

> that doesn't fit in with the prominent anti Apple brigade

Do you mean the Apple core?

And what else do you mean, e.g.

> comment based upon the eq of a 5 year old opposed to facts on these comment pages...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Manfromarsitis.

I think IQ not eq?

1. Tom 38
          Headmaster

EQ is a similar measurement to IQ, which measures emotional rather than intellectual development. You can have a high IQ and a low EQ, meaning that you are smart, but a total twat.

I think this guy meant IQ though.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

There's also BQ - a measure of being gullible enough to believe bullshit like EQ & IQ

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

And who is this 5 year old and why is he so opposed to facts?

5. Ted Treen
    Facepalm

Worrying...

Is this an outbreak of common sense?

No - common sense tells me that's highly improbable.

1. Armando 123

Re: Worrying...

"Ther' hain't nuthin' as uncommon as common sense." - Kin Hubbard, "Abe Martin Sez", 1909

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Someone's paid someone else a lot of money

That's all it is... the 'we'll reserve the right to refile' is a case of 'when we don't get the terms we want, we'll go back to the ITC'.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like