Feeds

back to article Rapper rips up Microsoft's Atlanta store during performance

It must have seemed like such a wonderful idea – have an up-and-coming rapper perform at Microsoft's store in the Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta Georgia. It all ended in tears, however, with trashed computers, claims that the police were called, and embarrassing videos circulating on YouTube. Machine Gun Kelly (MGK to his …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Anonymous Coward

I don't know MGK but he looks, sounds and acts like an arsehole.

Silver badge
Meh

He is really not that good is he........

Anonymous Coward

Could have been worse....

Elton John, Paul McCartney or.......... George Michael!

Silver badge
Pint

Perfect first comment

No-one's going to disagree here.

Anonymous Coward

Hmm, 1 thumbs down. You don't think MGK reads the register do you?

Silver badge

lulz

wiggas dont read man

to busy keepin it real... real dumb that is

Anonymous Coward

true

he's clearly a silly little PRick.

Bronze badge

Incomprehensible

As all rap is.

Silver badge

Re: Incomprehensible

No, just Commercial RAP (C-RAP).

Give me GMF and 'The Jungle' over these industry-sponsored talentless twats any day.

Not true. Rap can be as eloquent as any piece of poetry, which is really the traditional medium it is closest to.

That said, unfortunately most commercial rap seems to be of the level of a retarded teenager with mother issues that has won the lottery:

'I've got more money than you / I can disrespect more women than you / you'd better not disagree with me or I'll shoot you with all my guns.'

Pathetic.

Some of Wu-Tang Clan's very early stuff is actually pretty decent and considerably better than the crap pumped out by Dre et al.

Anonymous Coward

Uzi Lover

"I've got more money than you / I can disrespect more women than you / you'd better not disagree with me or I'll shoot you with all my guns"

Fur-Q approves.

Anonymous Coward

Re: Uzi Lover

It does seem that the African-American rappers demonstrate more professionalism and corporate sense than this twit. Either by not embarrassing their sponsors, or by starting their own businesses.

Re: Uzi Lover

"We anti-violent. Anyone says different, I'll bust a cap in their ass."

This post has been deleted by its author

WTF?

MGK: The talent Quest Kid

Not sure what credibility he had before, but turning into a corporate shill (for that not-exactly-cool company "Microsoft", no less) has probably ensured that he has none now. Even turning it into a "fuck you bitchez" -type affair probably isn't enough to save him.

As for Microsoft... It's like a geriatric trying to learn to skateboard so they can be "down with the kidz"... A lot needs to change before they can start hiring rappers.

Also, MGK looks like a turd.

Anonymous Coward

FAIL == Microsoft

See title...

Silver badge
Facepalm

Re: FAIL == Microsoft

Not a Microsoft event. See article.

The Microsoft store was just a venue Microsoft provided for an unrelated event. Note to MS, vet performers in future. Any with "Machine Gun" in their names should probably not be allowed.

Facepalm

My mistake, must learn to read... my grasp of english appears to have been on a similar level of MGK's when I wrote that.

This post has been deleted by its author

Silver badge
FAIL

wow just wow

Guess they didn't learn their lesson about actually researching the entertainment after the last fiasco. If Family Guy is too edgy for your company it might be better to forgo the entertainment altogether.

Anonymous Coward

Re: wow just wow

What 'last fiasco'? And Family Guy 'too edgy' for MS? Did I miss something?

Silver badge
FAIL

Re: wow just wow

M$'s marketing asshats prior exploits for Win7

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/27/win_7_sponsorship/

Facepalm

It was just his way of expressing his

dissatisfaction with the new metro interface, the office ribbon, and the death of clippy.

Re: It was just his way of expressing his

Wait, Clippy has snuffed it?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Re: Clippy dead

Yep.

Metal fatigue.

Silver badge
Joke

Well, to his defense...

I suppose some people really lose their mind when becoming exposed too long to Windows 8. And when its a SOB like this one bad things happen....

Silver badge
Facepalm

Summed up nicely

From the recording; "What they thought was going to happen?"

Yup, someone at MS just earned their PhD in DuH. No mortar board and tassel needed they can just slap the other side of their forehead.

Anonymous Coward

1) What did they think would happen? He performed like he would anywhere.

2) That is the most people in a Microsoft store ever and ever will be.

3) After MGK pays for those machines, those will be the first sales that store ever had.

Anonymous Coward

looser

That dude sucks balls and dicks for lunch. His rap sucks. It's a bunch of re-regurgitated rhymes from the other sponsored "artists". Wanker....

Trollface

Re: looser

I guess he better tighten up then.

Bronze badge
Happy

Re: looser

Mr Toad, just wanted to suggest that pointing out primary-school levels of spelling is a service to the community, so no trollface required...

Anonymous Coward

This article was updated to reflect the fact that this was not a Microsoft event.

Uh, until I read that, I was still under the impression that it WAS a Microsoft event.

Meh

Re: This article was updated to reflect the fact that this was not a Microsoft event.

"A spokesman from The Source agreed that the behavior wasn't suitable for the venue, and thanked Microsoft for letting them use the venue."

That there is, I think, the only other indication. I could be wrong and I can't be bothered re-reading the article to check.

Anonymous Coward

how appropriate

"While Metro's behavior was appropriate for a mobile device, some of it was not appropriate in a desktop environment"

;-)

Meh

It's time to go Kelly

Well, at least now M$ know what it feels like when someone tramples your business.

Thumb Up

"Suck my d*ck; I’m up in this motherf*cker. MGK in this b*tch. F*ck these computers," he announced,

This line deserves to be savoured again in full.

Silver badge

Re: "Suck my d*ck; I’m up in this motherf*cker. MGK in this b*tch. F*ck these computers,"

keats must be gutted that he missed that one.

(you are correct, i dont even know what a keat is!)

Silver badge
Joke

Racey... :)

Those error messages certainly do add a touch of modernity to Windows 8.

Thumb Down

And the kids today call that music?

When I was a kid etc etc....

Silver badge

It must sting

Bad PR for MS (even if it wasn't their event) but Apple makes money from him!

Disgusted by the person, amused by the irony.

Pint

Lightweight!

You youngsters don't know nuthin'

There were times when rock stars used to trash hotel rooms, throw TVs out of windows, get busted for posession of class A drugs, get caught naked in a swimming pool with half a dozen under age groupies, and still do a 2 hour gig whilst pissed out of their minds from a couple of bottles of the local firewater.

Damn, I'm turning into my grandfather!

Unhappy

Re: Lightweight!

In the 90s the decided they weren't going to allow any more anti-establishment music. That's why all musicians now are so rigidly type-cast and law abiding. But their handlers allow them to talk a big game about having guns and drugs in order to sell records and indoctrinate the youth into mindless/violent capitalism. How lame.

Silver badge

Re: Lightweight! (the alpha klutz)

What planet do you live on?

Facepalm

Scrawny rapper?

I think he should hit the weights before speaking this rap shit, Those words don't have any power to me anyway.

I am quite confident even as a now unfit middle aged computer nerd I could lift this guy above my head(Seriously)!

What is up with c-rap today, Absolute shit,Go back and learn from the eighties.

Seems to be a case of find any words that rhyme and put it in a sentence with swear words and speak in loud angry voice.

Could do it for anything really,try it yourselves and see how pathetic it has become. The cat sat on a big motherf*&^ing mat!

Anonymous Coward

Re: Scrawny rapper?

I could lift two Kellys above my head. Beat that.

;) you win. Voted you up, Think I might end up with a hernia doing challenges at this age. 1 kelly is enough :0

Silver badge

Absolute shit,Go back and learn from the eighties.

nah m8, theres a word for people that can only talk, and make nursery school rhymes... the audience.

go back to the 30's get yo robert johnson on

Thumb Up

Yay! Robert Johnson! Real music that real musicians today still do cover versions of!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.