The technology behind the Qi charging standard, so recently adopted by Nokia for its Lumia handset, is being sold off by its owner – which was only using it to power a water filter and sell some makeup. eCoupled was developed by Fulton Innovation to power the eSpring water filter which is sold by Amway. Fulton quickly saw the …
Don't forget the toothbrush
Which I've been charging wirelessly for decades
I think the term wireless is a bit misleading. Contact-less is more appropriate.
God bless their pointy little heads.
You have made my day by including my all time favourite word.
I can clock off happy
There has to be another "standard"
Apple likes it's very own monopolistic standards, can't have any To, Dick or Sammy having charger that threatens to diminish the Apple market.
You can imagine all manner of Apple 'improvements" that effectively make it impossible to use any charger other than theirs. They did it with USB charging and they had only four contacts to exploit.
10 tears from pointless business plan competition to pointless patent in pointless standard. But perhaps a few people will have learnt along the way that a business plan is no substitute for a business.
What's to argue about?
Works just fine on my HP TouchPad.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY