Oracle co-founder and CEO Larry Ellison didn't want to get into the infrastructure cloud business, but the company's customers have pushed for Oracle to do it. At the opening keynote at the OpenWorld customer and partner extravaganza in San Francisco on Sunday night, Ellison announced a new lineup of Exadata X3 database clusters …
Oracle also thinks customers demanded ERP, middleware, BI, hardware... which is strange because when customers paid Oracle for DB support you would have thought they would have wanted more DB development.
Signed up for Oracle Cloud... their cloud seems confused about what it is supposed to provide me, unless there really isn't a cloud there, which makes the nonsense I experienced quite reasonable. Then there is HP's new cloud. You know, the cloud joke of the industry..... WHAT were they thinking?
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware