back to article Yet another exec dashes out Groupon's door

Groupon has lost yet another top executive, this time the chief of its international business, as its weensy second quarter profit fails to impress investors. According to an internal memo seen by Reuters, Veit Dengler is on his way out, while Chris Muhr, SVP of sales, will take over Europe, Middle East and Africa for the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lloyd
    Trollface

Groupon UK

If you're referencing Groupon UK (I know you're not in the article) but if ever you do, don't call them Groupon, call them MyCityDeals, they love it.

1. LarsG
      Meh

Are they

Are they still in business?

Who is mad enough to invest in them

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Groupon UK

You never increase business by going to Groupon, you will only attract bargain hunters who happen to be Groupon customers and NOT your customers. These people flit from offer to offer to offer and will never pay full price for anything.

G= BUST

1. asdf

Re: Groupon UK

Even in Groupon Israel?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pump and Dump Scam - rats leaving a sinking ship

Colour me surprised!

3. Ross K Silver badge
    Devil

The coupon company blamed that old chestnut, the weak European economy, for its poor profit

Its poor profit is down to the fact that, by this stage, everybody and their dog knows they're a bunch of shysters.

I was never able to figure out how anybody selling goods, like a restaurant, could make any kind of profit on a Groupon deal..

Spawn of Satan icon because...well it's Groupon.

4. joejack
    WTF?

> analysts were expecting much more than the revenues recorded, which were $568.3 rather than the $573m

Putting aside the merits of their service (I'm not a fan), they missed their projections by 1% (aka "much more"), and their stock slides 37%?

There's so much I don't understand.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@joejack

I'm not sure if that was just a missed "M" or if that was $568.30 ... .which would be a miss of $572M.

*cough*

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like