There's no shortage of complaining about the limitations of the Hadoop Distributed File System that underpins the MapReduce algorithms of the Hadoop Big Data muncher, which is why quite a few companies have come up with alternatives. And now there is a new HDFS alternative from internet click counter Quantcast called – you …
QFS is an Open Source Quick File System, originally developed by originally LSC Inc.
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!