The Register's storage desk has been told by insiders that NetApp is going to drop its bought-in StorageGRID product in favour of an internal object development from its Indian operation. StorageGRID is NetApp's object storage platform, a renamed product NetApp obtained after buying Canadian firm Bycast in April 2010. It is not …
As long as they allow migration this is a good thing for me. we have customers using NetApp who want object storage and currently they cant use their existing investment for that.
EMC has ATMOS for object store. As I've been told by sales reps, object store in isilon isn't going to happen anymore, due to ATMOS.
In other news
BMW about to retire 2012 models, release 2013 versions. Drivers everywhere outraged as Mellorino reports they will have to relearn location of steering wheel, pedals, switch-gear and gas tank door.
Re: In other news
nonsense. it is suppose to know what u are thinkings and make it happen. like netapps
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK