Brocade's recently departed worldwide sales boss Ian Whiting has popped up at Riverbed as its senior vice president for sales in the Americas region. Riverbed sells Steelhead wide area network transit optimisation products as well as WhiteWater cloud storage gateway products. Whiting's job is to grow revenue and profitability, …
Sounds like a step down
My advice would have been to enjoy the Brocade pay off a little longer until a job at a suitable level came up.
I am sure he will be very successful. In the same way that he took a $2bn company and made them a $2bn company three years later.
How long before he hankers for the same "power" he had at Brocade and there is a tussle at the top............Riverbed were going places but they may well be hitting the buffers right now and this appointment may well reinforce this point of view.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'