Brocade's recently departed worldwide sales boss Ian Whiting has popped up at Riverbed as its senior vice president for sales in the Americas region. Riverbed sells Steelhead wide area network transit optimisation products as well as WhiteWater cloud storage gateway products. Whiting's job is to grow revenue and profitability, …
Sounds like a step down
My advice would have been to enjoy the Brocade pay off a little longer until a job at a suitable level came up.
I am sure he will be very successful. In the same way that he took a $2bn company and made them a $2bn company three years later.
How long before he hankers for the same "power" he had at Brocade and there is a tussle at the top............Riverbed were going places but they may well be hitting the buffers right now and this appointment may well reinforce this point of view.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24