SimpliVity is betting its business on the idea that existing layered server/storage and networking boxes-style IT is heading towards the crash barrier. The company has bagged $25m in funding to market and sell the hell out of its OmniCube product, the one-trick pony that does it all for virtual machines. The box is a 2U rack …
The fact that there has been strong early demand for OmniCube highlights not only its perceived value as a new product, but also the relevance of having a commanding position over a business’ IT network, particularly with relation to WAN optimisation.
I wonder whether other hardware and network providers will look to emulate the features of the OmniCube, and begin to combine services under one umbrella product offering? This would no doubt appeal to those who are looking for ease and efficiency.
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad