SimpliVity is betting its business on the idea that existing layered server/storage and networking boxes-style IT is heading towards the crash barrier. The company has bagged $25m in funding to market and sell the hell out of its OmniCube product, the one-trick pony that does it all for virtual machines. The box is a 2U rack …
The fact that there has been strong early demand for OmniCube highlights not only its perceived value as a new product, but also the relevance of having a commanding position over a business’ IT network, particularly with relation to WAN optimisation.
I wonder whether other hardware and network providers will look to emulate the features of the OmniCube, and begin to combine services under one umbrella product offering? This would no doubt appeal to those who are looking for ease and efficiency.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests