IEEE members will be scrambling to change their logins after it emerged that more than 100,000 members’ names and plaintext passwords were left in plain sight for more than a month. In this documentation and analysis of the breach, Danish FindZebra computer scientist Radu Dragusin notes, among other things, that bad password …
Or maybe the truth hurts
Most people only use their login/password once per year, in order to pay their annual dues. And for that they picked a completely throwaway password. Sorry IEEE but your webpage is not as important to your users as you may think.
Re: Or maybe the truth hurts
So how do you read the articles on Xplorenet?
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED