IEEE members will be scrambling to change their logins after it emerged that more than 100,000 members’ names and plaintext passwords were left in plain sight for more than a month. In this documentation and analysis of the breach, Danish FindZebra computer scientist Radu Dragusin notes, among other things, that bad password …
Or maybe the truth hurts
Most people only use their login/password once per year, in order to pay their annual dues. And for that they picked a completely throwaway password. Sorry IEEE but your webpage is not as important to your users as you may think.
Re: Or maybe the truth hurts
So how do you read the articles on Xplorenet?
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats