Feeds

back to article Curiosity rover blasts, grabs and fondles its first Martian rock

Mars rover Curiosity has completed its first contact with the Martian surface, successfully fondling a rock with its robotic arm. Curiosity's robotic arm probes first rock The nuclear truck arrived at the "Jake Matijevic" rock, named after a late NASA engineer, after a short drive and probed the stone with its robotic arm to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

*First* contact?

Surely Curiosity "completed its first contact with the Martian surface" when it landed on it last month?

Holmes

Re: *First* contact?

A handshake, in pollte introduction.

Joke

Re: *First* contact?

"Surely Curiosity "completed its first contact with the Martian surface" when it landed on it last month?"

It was. And don't call it Shirley.

Anonymous Coward

tool-kit

After trying out its laser blaster and power drill, is it going to start chucking pipe-bombs and crouching behind anything that it finds?

Coat

Re: tool-kit

Nah, it'll probably shine its laser on passing spacecraft. Just for the lulz.

Joke

"Blast one of those rock formations Lieutenant........"

"Cloudbase, we have a problem....."

It'll end in tears!!!

Bronze badge
Unhappy

Tears

Don't you mean Death, look at what they did to me :(

Anonymous Coward

On behalf of the Matijevicians...

...I utterly condemn this unwarranted and unprovoked attack on our Homerock. We vow that this is not the end of this - we will have our revenge on you militant earthlings one day, and sooner than you think!

Silver badge
Thumb Up

Re: On behalf of the Matijevicians...

... but were unexpectedly swallowed by a small dog ;-)

Alien

More, more

Blast more of that dammed planet, soon Venus will be the object of your desires.

Trollface

drive-by weapon test!!!!

See, that's what happens when start listening to Will-I-am

Bronze badge

See now you know why they invade the Earth in the future

Bronze badge
Unhappy

Nuclear powered truck

Atomic cars have arrived, but they have a top speed of around 1.5 inches a second.

Too little, too late.

Anonymous Coward

intergalactic zimmer frame

Curiosity rover reminds me of mr herbert in family guy.

Joke

Stop the silecophiles!

Martian police: "OK, rock, show us on the pebble where the nasty space probe touched you."

This topic is closed for new posts.