Cisco has sunk its claws deeper into NBNCo, after the networking giant picked up a tender to provide routers for the NBN's operational networks. Cisco is already embedded in NBNCo's data centres, where its servers and networking kit sit alongside VMware software and EMC arrays. The new deal will see routers running multi- …
This is pocket change
Providing connectivity for national broadband backbone? Bah! Filtering and data mining - that's where the money (from Oz gubermint) is.
Re: This is pocket change
But you don't get to put out press releases saying you've won that kind of work
"MPLS routers, switches and firewalls will power Australia's NBN"
Yes, but who will protect Australians from the NBN?
An amazing victory !
Or was this one of the contracts on which companies like Huawei and ZTE were not allowed to bid, for «security reasons» (good to know that it's only the US government that can spy on its vassal), so that in effect, there was no competition ?...
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook