Cisco has sunk its claws deeper into NBNCo, after the networking giant picked up a tender to provide routers for the NBN's operational networks. Cisco is already embedded in NBNCo's data centres, where its servers and networking kit sit alongside VMware software and EMC arrays. The new deal will see routers running multi- …
This is pocket change
Providing connectivity for national broadband backbone? Bah! Filtering and data mining - that's where the money (from Oz gubermint) is.
Re: This is pocket change
But you don't get to put out press releases saying you've won that kind of work
"MPLS routers, switches and firewalls will power Australia's NBN"
Yes, but who will protect Australians from the NBN?
An amazing victory !
Or was this one of the contracts on which companies like Huawei and ZTE were not allowed to bid, for «security reasons» (good to know that it's only the US government that can spy on its vassal), so that in effect, there was no competition ?...
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE