X-IO's chairman and ex-CEO Alan Atkinson has joined Dell to run its Compellent operation. There has been no announcement by Dell , or X-IO, but Atkinson's LinkedIn entry shows the move has been made. When Dell bought Compellent its co-founder and CEO Phil Soran stayed on and ran Compellent as a Dell business until he left in …
What are XIO's prospects? I know that they had a VC cash injection a few years ago. I see a few of their arrays out there, but it seems that there day has past (being that drives are peanuts and rebuilding vs. replacing is not a big deal anymore).
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes