Yahoo! has closed the $7.6bn stage of its sale of stock to Alibaba, bagging $4.3bn in cash after taxes and fees. Alibaba has long wanted the share in its stock sold back to Yahoo! so it can have greater independence and go for its own stock market flotation in the next few years. But it took over two years of negotiations for …
Down from $44 Billion
OUCH! That's gotta hurt!!!
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK
- Analysis PEAK LANDFILL: Why tablet gloom is good news for Windows users