Yahoo! has closed the $7.6bn stage of its sale of stock to Alibaba, bagging $4.3bn in cash after taxes and fees. Alibaba has long wanted the share in its stock sold back to Yahoo! so it can have greater independence and go for its own stock market flotation in the next few years. But it took over two years of negotiations for …
Down from $44 Billion
OUCH! That's gotta hurt!!!
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs