The OpenStack cloud controller and related projects developed under the Big Red O are finally and officially free of Rackspace Hosting, which has by and large been steering its development since July 2010, when the project was founded. Unsatisfied with the closed nature of VMware's vCloud and the quasi-proprietary nature of the …
I hope much success in this endeavor
Hopefully, all the members that initially or are partially quasi competitor-turned-sponsors/supporters will behave.
Really useable yet?
Hopefully the day will arrive when it's as easy to deploy as XCP. I've been following OpenStack closely and trying their releases. I though Essex was ready, but alas, it's still not really turnkey. So I go back to my custom Xen platform. What's the most amusing bit is that this is not really all that difficult at all. It's been done many times in-house. It's kind of amusing to me that all those supposed geniuses are taking this long to get it right. It is going in the right direction though. Maybe the next release will be ready for rapid deployment.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball