back to article 'Cloud' services to bag $109bn in 2012

Even more folks are going to be seduced by the cloud this year, making the meteorological market a hundred-billion-dollar one, according to beancounters at Gartner. They reckon that the public cloud services sector will grow nearly 20 per cent this year to $106bn worldwide, as business process services in particular appeal to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Tserkezis
    Happy

Not from me!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can't see the sense ...

,,, in uploading all of your important, sensitive data to a place where anyone except possibly yourself can rummage through it.

Especially if the host or hosting company is in a juristiction not protected by EU data laws, or the hosting company's T&C's explicitly allow them or their partners/customers/stasi to mine your data for sales leads or commercial or political advantage.

3. Tony Paulazzo

Lemmings and millions

come to mind, the honest customers of Kim Dotcom (of which there were, supposedly, a few), solar flares and electrical disruptions, American & Chinese government backdoor policies on their citizens cloudy information and the still very basic ISP internet infrastructure regularly falling over across the globe with ridiculously upload and download limits in America and the UK (don't know about Australian 'net usage).

Fools gold? It's still bright and shiny but I'll trust to my own offline backups solution.

Will I use it? Yes: Do I trust it? No!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who exactly is using these services?

I don't know anyone who spends money on the "cloud"

Who exactly spent $91.4 billion in 2011 ?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like