Cisco is exiting the data centre load balancing market, confirming that it is ceasing development on its Application Control Engine product line. While only a back-alley in the Borg’s sprawling product line, the confirmation that ACE will be added to the Cisco end-of-life list will be a fillip for companies like F5, Radware, …
honestly surprised Cisco didn't go out and buy one of the smaller players and get some updated technology.. they have a little bit of spending money I hear..
Oh, but they did.
Arrowpoint created the CSS platform. CSM was homegrown, ACE was homegrown.
I'm not surprised about the ACE at all, it's not exactly the best platform out there.
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp