Cisco is exiting the data centre load balancing market, confirming that it is ceasing development on its Application Control Engine product line. While only a back-alley in the Borg’s sprawling product line, the confirmation that ACE will be added to the Cisco end-of-life list will be a fillip for companies like F5, Radware, …
honestly surprised Cisco didn't go out and buy one of the smaller players and get some updated technology.. they have a little bit of spending money I hear..
Oh, but they did.
Arrowpoint created the CSS platform. CSM was homegrown, ACE was homegrown.
I'm not surprised about the ACE at all, it's not exactly the best platform out there.
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory
- Review Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display