Cisco is exiting the data centre load balancing market, confirming that it is ceasing development on its Application Control Engine product line. While only a back-alley in the Borg’s sprawling product line, the confirmation that ACE will be added to the Cisco end-of-life list will be a fillip for companies like F5, Radware, …
honestly surprised Cisco didn't go out and buy one of the smaller players and get some updated technology.. they have a little bit of spending money I hear..
Oh, but they did.
Arrowpoint created the CSS platform. CSM was homegrown, ACE was homegrown.
I'm not surprised about the ACE at all, it's not exactly the best platform out there.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- VMware reveals 27-patch Heartbleed fix plan