back to article NSW Police wins global gong for Facebook project

NSW Police has won a global social media gong for its project eyewatch, a social reinvention of Neighbourhood Watch. The prize was awarded by ConnectedCOPS.net, a hub for all things social and law enforcement run by a consultancy to law enforcement agencies. NSW won the prize for Excellence at a Large Agency, beating out the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Holmes

People already submit events they feel is worthy of police notice ( such as burglary ) and they already get ignored. Hows does a new way to get ignored helping?

To be fair on the police I wouldn't be bothered doing anything either when you know after many hours of work, the perp will be sent before a judge and slapped with the wet lettuce leaf of justice.

Black Helicopters

Anyone else get a shiver up their spine when they read "report anti-social behaviour"? I might be paranoid but I heard too many tales from people that immigrated to Australia from behind the Iron Curtain about people denouncing their neighbours to ever be comfortable with such a system...

NSW Police and Social Media

One thing I note ignored in here is the fact that they have been (successfully) using social media to look for missing persons. I've seen a number in my area where the search has been successful and thanks have been passed to those people who helped pass the word (and any images) by facebook.

alan.

Anonymous Coward

NSW?

Am I the only one to have his hopes falsely raised, then unceremoniously dashed when story headlines begin "NSW"?

My dyslexic eyes read this as NSFW, and I dive in expecting boobs, blood or bad language.

Posting anonymously, because I've got a reputation to uphold don't you know?

Anonymous Coward

Re: NSW?

No, you really aren't. Oh well, as consolation, there's this Dutch police officer, who was a bit of an internet sensation:

(depressingly worksafe)

http://www.geenstijl.nl/archives/images/politiemeisjehelegrotegun.jpg

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums