Feeds

back to article Fujitsu lands on Ministry of Fun's grey list for broadband bids

After Fujitsu was flagged up as being too "high risk" to take on public sector contracts for the Cabinet Office, The Register wanted to know if the same blacklisting policy applied over at the Department for Culture, Media and Sport. Here's what a spokesman at Maria Miller's department told us: The suppliers appointed to the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge
Devil

So, only 2 companies bid on the BDUK stuff - BT and Fujitsu, and now the latter has been added to a high risk list... Is this clever manipulation of the market to give BT the contracts? Or is it just a coincidence?

Silver badge
Stop

Neither. It's just an example of how silly government procurement tends to be. Looking for intelligence or planning in such matters is rarely useful.

Anonymous Coward

Fujitsu

Chaps, I recommend providing more biscuits at the meetings, especially jammie dodgers

Silver badge

Re: Fujitsu

Jammy dodgers with £50 notes taped to the underside.

Megaphone

More than just money for old tech...

BT not only gets the EU dosh for the fibre, but also lots of marketing money to do 'demand stimulation'. The Guvmint reckons no-one knows/wants this broadband stuff, so millions are going to be spent getting the punters to form a queue. In the South West alone, it's a £12 million budget, all being spent with BT's mates SERCO. Typical local demand stimulation spends per county are £1 million, all to turn that dark fibre on... cos otherwise it would just sit there, no?

Anonymous Coward

Although i think UKGov forget

Some other companies that were fujitsu partners in the patient records system included BT.

Anyone remember the Atlas consortium who won MOD bids....included Fujitsu again.

So does this mean any other contracts with Fujitsu involved or just the ones they got alone.....

I ask as a lot of MOD and Defence projects are bid on by consortiums of ListX bidders, with one company fronting the bid and several (Serco, CSC, EDS, Agile etc) behind it.

This topic is closed for new posts.