Non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in China’s technology boom town of Shenzhen are up in arms after a sustained and co-ordinated campaign by local authorities forced more than ten to shutter their doors. The Special Economic Zone of Shenzhen is home to one of China’s biggest technology manufacturing hubs, but workers’ rights …
Surely such behaviour would be an anti-revolutionary abuse of the honest proletariat by decadent bourgois capitalists?
They learn fast don't they, bless em ;-)
On the other hand...
...in the Big Society we are heading for state control of 'Non-Governmental' Organisations by either turning them into QUANGOs or making them into 'contractors' for government departments.
Ones that insist on doing their *own* job properly are very much out of favour, especially if (like the Citizens Advice Bureau) they spend their time sorting out the mess created by the inept administration of the tax and benefit system, or the rapacious energy/water cartels.
In America, the "hammer weilding people" were the Unions. The anti-union forces bring law enforcement's guns to the party.
In Communist China....
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt
- Human spaceships dodge COMET debris pelting off Mars