Non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in China’s technology boom town of Shenzhen are up in arms after a sustained and co-ordinated campaign by local authorities forced more than ten to shutter their doors. The Special Economic Zone of Shenzhen is home to one of China’s biggest technology manufacturing hubs, but workers’ rights …
Surely such behaviour would be an anti-revolutionary abuse of the honest proletariat by decadent bourgois capitalists?
They learn fast don't they, bless em ;-)
On the other hand...
...in the Big Society we are heading for state control of 'Non-Governmental' Organisations by either turning them into QUANGOs or making them into 'contractors' for government departments.
Ones that insist on doing their *own* job properly are very much out of favour, especially if (like the Citizens Advice Bureau) they spend their time sorting out the mess created by the inept administration of the tax and benefit system, or the rapacious energy/water cartels.
In America, the "hammer weilding people" were the Unions. The anti-union forces bring law enforcement's guns to the party.
In Communist China....
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle