The details are still a bit sketchy, but Intel is committed to get the rest of the "Ivy Bridge" family of Xeon processors out the door next year, is getting ready to roll out new Itanium and Atom processors for servers this year, and is working on future Xeon E3 and Atom processors for microservers next year, too. So says Diane …
Tick Tock - all to cock
"The pattern preferred by Intel is to create a new architecture in an existing process (that's the tick) and then refine the architecture a little and introduce it in a new process (that's the tock)"
'Tis the other way around, to quote Intel
"A tick advances manufacturing technology. A tock delivers new microarchitecture."
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked