The details are still a bit sketchy, but Intel is committed to get the rest of the "Ivy Bridge" family of Xeon processors out the door next year, is getting ready to roll out new Itanium and Atom processors for servers this year, and is working on future Xeon E3 and Atom processors for microservers next year, too. So says Diane …
Tick Tock - all to cock
"The pattern preferred by Intel is to create a new architecture in an existing process (that's the tick) and then refine the architecture a little and introduce it in a new process (that's the tock)"
'Tis the other way around, to quote Intel
"A tick advances manufacturing technology. A tock delivers new microarchitecture."
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY