Intel wants to dominate the networking and storage arenas, each worth about $25bn a year in sales, just as much as it ever wanted to dominate the server racket, which accounts for around $50bn a year in sales. And if its goal is to double the revenues of its Data Center and Connected Systems group to $20bn by 2016 – as general …
I wonder if the same folks who do NIC and related driver development will have a hand in making these useless for 9K byte packets as their (and others, no doubt) that were optimized for 1514 byte packet handling?
I also wonder if the NICs still allow whatever data was in their buffer previously to be used as padding in ethernet frames? (Or have they collectively fixed this? I can remember sniffing out a co-workers' password just by examining the padding bytes...but it took two days)
Anonymous because he may not have changed his password in the last 15 years...
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!