Cheaper and longer Thunderbolt wires will be coming later this year, Intel has forecast. The extra length will arrive on the back of optical cables. Thunderbolt cables on the market today use metal wiring, but only run to 3m in length. Updating IDF visitors on the evolution of the peripheral connectivity technology, Intel …
Where's the 100m optical we were promised?
Problem with optical is people break the cables. They think they can wrap them up tight like copper stranded cables and so they snap the glass fibre.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job