Apple founder and geek legend Steve Wozniak will soon visit Australia. The Register understands that for at least part of his time down under his Wozness will be wearing his hat as Chief Scientist of flash memory company Fusion-io. He'll front the press on September 24th to expound the virtues of PCI-resident flash. He may wear …
I love The Woz!
I just love The Woz. It took IBM to recognize the brilliance of the original Apple ][ design and create a personal computer that you could open and dink around with the insides, adding new cards into slots that made it truly a personal computer. It took Apple about 20 years to come full circle. Had they stayed true to the original design and providing the source code to Integer and Apple Floating point basic as well as the mini-assembler, as we original Apple ][ owners got in the Red and Blue books, neither IBM nor Linux would have gained ground. The Woz was about Open Source long before Stallman. Jobs blew that off, big time. And he blew off us, the original investors in Apple Inc. So, you'll never see me going around with anything that has the Apple logo on it. I run a pc and Linux. If it hadn't been for The Woz, jobs would have been selling term life to blue rinsed old ladies.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout