Apple founder and geek legend Steve Wozniak will soon visit Australia. The Register understands that for at least part of his time down under his Wozness will be wearing his hat as Chief Scientist of flash memory company Fusion-io. He'll front the press on September 24th to expound the virtues of PCI-resident flash. He may wear …
I love The Woz!
I just love The Woz. It took IBM to recognize the brilliance of the original Apple ][ design and create a personal computer that you could open and dink around with the insides, adding new cards into slots that made it truly a personal computer. It took Apple about 20 years to come full circle. Had they stayed true to the original design and providing the source code to Integer and Apple Floating point basic as well as the mini-assembler, as we original Apple ][ owners got in the Red and Blue books, neither IBM nor Linux would have gained ground. The Woz was about Open Source long before Stallman. Jobs blew that off, big time. And he blew off us, the original investors in Apple Inc. So, you'll never see me going around with anything that has the Apple logo on it. I run a pc and Linux. If it hadn't been for The Woz, jobs would have been selling term life to blue rinsed old ladies.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base