Under CEO John Coyne, Western Digital bought Hitachi GST and has become the world's number-one disk drive manufacturer. Now, leaving on a high note, Coyne is going to transfer the reins to HGST's ex-boss man Steve Milligan. The transfer of power will take place on 2 January, 2013. Milligan is now president of WD and will keep …
Utterly off topic, but...
That picture of Steve Milligan looks like he could be Steve Balmer's little brother. It's kind of creepy.
Re: Utterly off topic, but...
To quote a coworker talking about a nameless VP at our company, years ago... "have you ever looked at him and thought that maybe he drove to work this morning with a dead hooker in his trunk?"
Not saying this guy has done anything wrong of course, but he looks a little off - a lot like Ballmer really.
As soon as enough people realise that the thing holding back SSD speeds the most is actually the sata interface, things are going to get very interesting.
Check out http://www.jactron.co.uk/products/disk-on-module-ide-sata-usb/pciedom-series/standard-temp-0-c-to-70-c/innodisk-pciedom-ii for an example of what throughput can be achieved with small boot ssds.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- VMware reveals 27-patch Heartbleed fix plan