It’s been a good few days for the green tech brigade as China announced a whopping 14bn yuan (£1.4bn) subsidy to encourage households to purchase energy-saving electrical appliances including PCs, while members of the APEC bloc agreed to slash import duties on over 50 green technologies. The surprise announcement from China on …
£1.4 billion is a lot of money to me (and, I'd guess, you), but spread over 350 million Chinese households it amounts to £4 each. Not much discount on a green PC, then.
It's got FA to do with being green....
...it's a simple case of not being able to keep up demand for energy by a growing "switched on" population (Apologies to those that have just vomited over their keyboards).
A good initiative on the part of the Chinese authorities ;
I hope Phil will follow up to see whether that 40 % market-share goal, etc are actually attained....
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base